Based on true 3D technology, Moldex3D Cool is an efficient tool to accurately analyze the mold system temperature, the efficiency of cooling channel layout and the required cooling time in the design phase.
Moldex3D Cool provides the troubleshooting tools to detect possible mold cooling system defects, such as unbalanced cooling, hot spots, prolonged cooling time due to poor cooling efficiency. With true 3D technology, users can accurately evaluate cooling efficiency to further optimize the cooling system design and reduce cycle time.
- Predict temperature within part, runner, cooling channels, inserts, etc.
- Evaluate the efficiency of cooling system design, including cooling circuits, inserts, mold base, heating rod, etc.
- Minimize unbalanced cooling problems
- Determine the required cooling cycle time
- Optimize mold cooling system design to achieve optimum cooling efficiency with the minimum cycle time
- Use an easy and fast cooling analysis solution “Mesh-Free eDesign Fast Cool” to quickly validate mold cooling system designs
- Simulate multi-component molding process, including insert molding and multi-shot sequential molding (Moldex3D MCM module required)
Part cooling analysis
- Calculate 3D temperature distribution within part, runner and part insert
- Determine frozen areas
- Calculate heat transfer rate and heat load
- Estimate required cooling time
Moldbase cooling analysis
- Calculate solid temperature distribution within mold base, insert and cooling circuit
- Calculate the cooling circuit efficiency
- Evaluate part insert effects (Moldex3D MCM module is required)
- Evaluate mold insert of different materials, such as beryllium copper
- Evaluate heating rod effects
Cooling channel network analysis
- Calculate coolant temperature along each cooling channel
- Calculate the pressure drop of each cooling channel
- Analyze the Reynolds number along each cooling channel
Auto-set cooling time analysis
- Provide easy-to-use and efficient estimation for the required cooling time
Coupled Flow-Pack-Cool analysis
- Incorporate the heat flux results from Flow, Pack analysis for cooling calculation
- Improve accuracy of Flow, Pack, Cool and Warp analyses