Release Composite Molding Potential
Moldex3D provides various realistic 3D simulation solutions for the composite molding process, such as short & long fiber injection molding, SMC/BMC/GMT/D-LFT compression molding, various RTM (Vacuum RTM, High Pressure RTM, Wet RTM) and Hybrid molding, etc.
Fiber Orientation Prediction
- Visualize fiber orientation, length, and distribution inside fiber-reinforced plastics.
- Evaluate the filler effect to mechanical properties and final shrinkage
- Optimize process conditions to enhance the part strength.
- Support short, long, flat fiber and flake orientation simulation.
Resin Transfer Molding
- Predict resin flow behavior through anisotropic porous media.
- Decide appropriate fabric materials, and optimize process conditions.
- Control resin infusion by pressure or flow rate.
- Capture cure reaction trend during molding through viscosity and curing kinetics models.
SMC/BMC/GMT/D-LFT Compression Molding
- Visualize dynamic melt flow advancement during compression molding process.
- Evaluate chopped fiber orientation prediction, compression force response and anisotropic warpage result for SMC/BMC/GMT/D-LFT compression molding.
- Predict potential molding defects, such as flashing.
- Evaluate curing kinetics under temperature variations.
- Evaluate viscoelastic properties, chemical shrinkage and thermal expansion effect.
- Evaluate the permeability and porosity of fabric layer.
FEA /Micromechanics Interface
- Export fiber orientation, anisotropic mechanical property, stress and pressure simulation results to structural analysis software.
- Validate the structural performance of products and mold sustainability.
- Bridging manufacturing process and FEA analysis.
- Predict the mechanical behaviors of reinforced plastic with nonlinear material modeling technology.
- Define material properties and of failure criteria of reinforced plastic.
- Support automatic reverse engineering for material modeling based on experiment data.