With Analyst certificate for 3 Month + Finish Program MCC006-MCC010
|With Expert certificate|
|Exam Format||Academic and skill tests||
1st round: Application submitted with corresponding material
2nd round: Reviewed by the Certification Committee
|Exam Topic||Knowledge of Molding and Moldex3D CAE software||Contribution on Molding Simulation|
|Test Centers||Moldex3D HQ and Branches Moldex3D Authorized Certification Center (MACC)||Moldex3D HQ|
Remark: Each level of certification will be valid for two years, and can be maintained by following Application Extension Regulations.
Certification Level Instructions
Moldex3D Certification levels of Analyst and Expert allow the experienced CAE professionals to demonstrate and validate their knowledge of injection molding, part design and mold design with powerful Moldex3D software. The Certification Examinations are held at Moldex3D HQ and Branches, and Moldex3D Authorized Certification Center (MACC). Contact Moldex3D or MACC to register the exams.
Moldex3D Certification level of Master: Candidates must obtain an Expert certificate and the prepares materials including:
- Applicants should first fill in the written application form. The content includes outstanding deeds, use of Moldex3D related works, goodwill…
- The deeds and works mentioned in the application must provide proof and allow the relevant works to be used publicly (official media promotion. advertising printing…)
- Provide 2 or more recommendation letters (third-party industry executives or academic professors)
- The content of the above submitted application will be reviewed and decided by the “Moldex3D Master Certification Committee” after the preliminary information is approved
Application Extension Regulations
Moldex3D general certification extension application must meet the necessary conditions and select one of the selection conditions to apply.
- The application for extension of the validity period can be applied for one year before the expiration of the certificate to one year after the expiration; extension cannot be applied after the expiration.
(For example: 2020/08/01 issuance of the certificate, the valid date of the certificate is 2022/07/31; the extension application will be completed during 2021/08/01-2023/07/31)
- When applying the Extension, the applicant or the applicant’s company must complete the version maintenance and upgrade of the current year.
In addition to the above, you need to select one of the following selection conditions and apply after completing
- Participate in the current certification version teaching; Junior Analyst and Analyst must be at least 8 hours, and Expert must be at least 16 hours.
- After obtaining the certification, using Moldex3D software to publicly publish the proof of the technical article.
- After obtaining the certification, the submission certificate for the participation in the Moldex3D Global Innovation Talent Award.
- After obtaining the certification, proof of completing a public conference speech with Moldex3D as the subject.
Except the above conditions can apply for extension, all others must follow the certification exam.
Moldex3D Analyst and expert certification course content
Obtaining a Moldex3D Analyst Certificate demonstrates that you have the knowledge necessary to:
- Validate the proper design of product
- Know how to achieve the optimized filling
- Know how to avoid the defects resulted from material, thickness, gate number and gate locations
You also know:
- The effects of plastic materials and flow behavior on molding and products
- The basics of product design and length-to-thickness ratio (L/t)
Participants of Moldex3D Expert certification must first obtain *Analyst Certificate and the attendance of Moldex3D Certification Courses (MCCs) are prerequisite.
Obtaining a Moldex3D Expert Certificate demonstrates that you have the knowledge necessary to:
- Solve the defects due to poor mold design
- Revise the design based on simulation results with the optimization of mold and molding parameters
You also know:
- The injection molding cycle
- The effects of process conditions on molding and the product
- The basics of molding design
Moldex3D Certification Courses (MCCs)
|Textbook of “Molding Simulation: Theory and Practice”|
|Courses Contents for Analyst||Contents for Expert|
|MCC001||Overview of Plastics Molding
The systems of Injection Molding, Defects of Injection Molded Products, Application of CAE technology in Injection Molding
|MCC004||Flow Consideration versus Part Features
Flow Behavior of Plastic Melt In the Cavity, Effects of Filling Time, Flow Rate versus Injection Pressure, Effects of Part Thickness, Material Viscosity and Flow Behavior
|MCC002||Material Properties of Plastics
Rheological Properties, Thermodynamic and Thermal Properties, Mechanical Properties, Kinetic Properties, Curing Kinetics
|MCC007||Runner and Gate Design
General Design Guide of Runners and Gates, Gate Types, Gate Sealing, Flow Balance
|MCC003||Part Design and Mold Design
Basics of Part Design (uniform wall thickness, radius/fillets and chamfer angle, draft angle, DFM), L/t Ratio, Gate Location and Numbers, Basics of Mold Design, Parting Line
Heat Transfer Mechanism, Uniform Mold Temperature, General Design Guide of Cooling Channel, Cooling Efficiency, Cooling Time Estimate, CAE Cooling Analysis, Conformal Cooling Application
|MCC005||Molding Simulation Methodology
The Goal of Molding Simulation, Basics of Simulation Equations, What is Molding Simulation
The Causes of Warpage, Material Effects, Geometrical Effects, Process Condition Effects, Criteria of CAE Warp Analysis, Methods to Minimize Warpage
Introduction to Injection Molding Cycle, Plasticizing Conditions, Filling Conditions, Packing Conditions, Cooling Conditions
|MCC010||Hot Runner Optimization
Process Principle, Temperature Control in Hot Runner System, Advantages and Challenges
Test Contents of Analyst and Expert Certifications
Both Analyst and Expert Certifications examination contain Subject Test and Skill Test. The examinee should complete the Subject Test and Skill Test ON THE SAME DAY.
Moldex3D Certification Courses (MCC001-010)
Moldex3D eDesign/ Solid
||Simulation and interpretation
||Simulation and interpretation
|Question Type||60 Multiple-choice questions||Essay questions|
|Test Timing||1 hour||7 hours|
About the Certificates
The Certificate samples are as the followings. For retrieving the Certificate(s), please fill the Check Request.