- Date：Mar 15, 2016 - Mar 17, 2016
- Location： Fountain Hills, AZ, USA
- Official Website：https://www.imaps.org/devicepackaging/
CoreTech System (Moldex3D) will be presenting at 2016 International Conference and Exhibition on Device Packaging, Tuesday, March 15 at WekoPa Resort and Casino.
- Date: Tuesday, March 15, 2016
- Topic: 「A study on warpage behavior of EMC in post-mold cure stage using Moldex3D」
- Time: 5:00 PM- 5:30 PM
- Location: WeKoPa Resort & Casino
- Program Agenda: https://www.imaps.org/devicepackaging/
Warpage and residual stress are the two most important factors affecting product yield rate and reliability in IC encapsulation process. This study presents the prediction of warpage in post-mold cure stage using a three-dimensional finite element approach coupled with linear viscoelastic material property. Furthermore, cure-induced volumetric shrinkage and thermal expansion mismatch are considered. The shrinkage of the EMC is described by Pressure-Volume-Temperature-Cure (PVTC) model, and Generalized Maxwell model; WLF relation is adopted to describe the viscoelastic behavior of EMC. In order to obtain accurate numerical results, Cure-Time-Temperature superposition is considered. For verifying the numerical predictions of three dimensional simulations, the calculated results are compared with the available experimental data from literature.
The simulation of the final warpage for EMC/Cu The simulation of the final warpage for EMC/Si
Explore more about Moldex3D’s Solutions for IC Packaging Here!
WeKoPa Resort & Casino