Compression molding is a common and cost-effective method for making high-volume composite parts, facilitating composite-for-metal replacement. Attend this webinar to learn how you can leverage Moldex3D simulation solutions for both thermosets and thermoplastics, to help determine best process combination for your composite parts . This will help you avoid potential molding defects and optimize your composite design and manufacturing process. We will also touch on the integration between Moldex3D and LS-DYNA to provide better evaluation of the overmolding process with draped prepreg.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Challenges of Composite Fabrication Methods
- Solutions for Optimizing Compression Molding Processes for Thermoset and Thermoplastic Composites
– Glass Mat Thermoplastics (GMT) Compression
– Direct Long Fiber Thermoplastics (D-LFT) Compression
– Sheet Molding Compound (SMC) Compression
– Prepreg Overmolding